Living life together

We are so excited to share with you everything God is doing in Tanzania as well as hear what he is doing in your lives! Thank you for partnering with us in God's work all around the world!

Friday, December 9, 2011

Finnished!

Today was the last day of the lecture phase of the classes I have been involved in and looking back, I see some really encouraging things the Jesus has been doing for His people.  Just as exciting is what He has in store for these next few weeks; 2 week long seminars, sermons twice a week for the next 4 weeks, house visitations with a local pastor for shut-ins and those that are sick, and potentially an opportunity to preach to over 600 people in a town about 6 hours away! 
As much as all of that means to me, there is something I heard this week that competes extremely well.  Last night, as I put Hannah and Hailey to sleep, we had our regular time of prayer together and for some reason, this night, they both really felt that they wanted to pray themselves.  So I let them...And boy can they pray!  They prayed and prayed for everything.  Thank you for the day. Thank you for the night.  Thank you for my arms.  Thank you for my lunch.  But it was the end that I don't think I can ever forget.  All of a sudden, I heard Hannah, in her little 3 1/2 year old voice cry out in gratitude, "Thank you God for making me Hannah.  I love being Hannah."  These last few weeks, I have been praying a lot, and asking the Lord, "is it fair for me and Heidi to cart these poor girls all over the world, across the globe, away from family, away from their home, away from people that speak English?"  And every couple of days, when Hannah cries about missing her friends (getting better from every day), I ask God if I heard Him right.  Then, when I heard the cries of my daughter's heart, I felt the Lord reassuring me that He is working in Hannah's life and Hannah likes being who she is.  He reminded me that "our times are in His hands" and that I can "let the little children come" to Him.  That He watches out for Hannah, even at her young age and that He is doing a work in her.  "Teach a child in the way (s)he should go and she will not go far from it." 

No comments:

Post a Comment