Living life together

We are so excited to share with you everything God is doing in Tanzania as well as hear what he is doing in your lives! Thank you for partnering with us in God's work all around the world!

Saturday, March 17, 2012

I am here

"I am here. I am here." How many times does Jesus remind me and how often do I forget that I am not alone, I do not do the work that I do in vane, I do not walk through my life aimlessly and without purpose? These last few weeks I look around and see all of the needs, the least of which sometimes is monetary. The little tiny sliver of ministry that I awkwardly shuffle through seems like such a small drop in a vast ocean of dry religion, poverty, sickness, abuse, misunderstandings of God's character...
Then God opens my eyes and turns my head, He whispers in my ears, "I am here".
Yesterday a group of 22 maasai women graduated from a sowing and tailoring class. They were proud of themselves! They saw that they were worth the time and energy to be educated. They saw that they were smart. They saw that they were able to make a product, a profit, a difference. That was awesome!
But more awesome still, I saw something I haven't seen before. Some of the womens' husbands came. And for the first time, I saw pride in the eyes of husbands for their wives! I saw men stand up in front of a group of their peers in support of their wives in their accomplishments. I saw men clap their hands for their wives. I saw men stretch out their hands in prayer for women. I'm afraid I feel the need to quote 90's Christian rap music, "you know who's doin' it? God is doin' a new thang".
Isaiah says, "watch, I will do something new; now it will sprouts up, won't you see it? I will even make a way in the wilderness, I will make rivers in the desert."
God opened my eyes yesterday, turned my head to see new things sprouting up, and whispered in my ear, "I am making a way...through you" (and because the English language is limited, I need to note that this "you" is plural, "through y'all")

1 comment:

  1. I seriously am touched beyond words by this post and beam with delight for these women! Please tell them I delight in their hard work...

    Love you guys and miss you like crazy!

    Tiff

    ReplyDelete