Living life together

We are so excited to share with you everything God is doing in Tanzania as well as hear what he is doing in your lives! Thank you for partnering with us in God's work all around the world!

Friday, April 13, 2012

We moved

We Moved!

Wednesday night, Heidi got this terrible food poisoning. We learned a new Swahili word, kutapika...to throw up. She was sick until about 4am and them finally got to sleep. Then, Thursday morning, we were made aware that another apartment opened up with more space, but if we wanted it, we would need to move within the next 3 days. So, with Heidi sick and only three days, we moved everything we have here up about 3 doors and now we have 3 bedrooms! So, when any of you are ready to come visit, we have a room for you!
As we went to devotions today, I was thankful for this new bigger apartment, but as we entered the main hall, I was reminded of something about the human heart. We are always asking for more. I remember when I first thought about moving to tanzania, I was so excited just for the opportunity to go and serve. I didn't care if I lived in a mud hut, just to serve my creator was enough f or me. Then, after the first few times visiting, I began to ask God for more. Lord, I'm gonna need a house when I get to Africa. But lord if I could just have four walls and a bed, then, I would be satisfied. I just am grateful to serve you! Then, as we arrived in this great apartment and unloaded all of our things, settled in again I found myself praying to God, "Lord, if I could just have a little more space, just one more bedroom so we could have a little more room, well then that would be enough." I am wondering how long it will be until I ask for more.
I reminded of the places where God welcomes us to ask of Him for our heart's desires. Sometimes He even dares us to watch and see what He will bring by our faith and trust in Him. But in the midst of the asking, I feel challenged and cautioned about the fine line between contention and contentment. Because I have a desire does not mean I have a need. God is faithful to fulfill our desires, but I don't need more space. I don't need a newer, nicer, bigger place to live. I want it. Ask, nick. Ask for what you have in your heart and work for it, but don't mistake the kindness of the Lord for an open-handed Sugar-daddy that requires a command rather than a request.
Today, Lord I am grateful for what I have. I am thankful for what you have given, provided, delivered to me, answered from my prayers. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment